Rainier Valley Corps (RVC) is a nonprofit based in Seattle that promotes social justice by cultivating leaders of color, strengthening organizations led by communities of color, and fostering collaboration between diverse communities. I came in when this organization was starting from the ground up and was co-chair of its communications committee, which oversaw all marketing, design, and communication efforts.
In discovery meetings with various stakeholders (staff and community members) areas of concentration for RVC’s branding were around inclusivity and community building. Additionally, staff members expressed a desire to move away from the “scrappy” and “grassroots” aesthetic that is commonly associated with community-based organizations and nonprofits. They wanted their brand to appeal to potential donors as well as to the people and communities they serve.
- Logo and branding guidelines
- Responsive website
- Business card, letterhead, remittance envelopes, and other stationary templates
- Annual fundraising event print materials (program, name cards, menu cards, promotional posters)
- Social media headers and templates
- Documentation for best practice and procedure in organization communications